Nov 24, 2009

As the days go by...

As the days go by it gets harder and harder to be away, to have this crazy mixed up schedule, to see my daughter cry when anyone leaves and still I feel so lucky and so blessed. We have a beautiful, healthy, wonderful daughter and a son whos condition was thought to be so much worse. We have been blessed with wonderful doctors who quickly repaired Mason's heart, which truely helped repair mine, I could hug Dr. Kaza 1,000,000 times! The last 6 days have been crazy and I have not updated much I want to create a timeline to show him when he's older how hard he fought to come home:
Nov.19 2:53AM - Baby Mason  is born and wisked away through a window 7lbs 6oz
Nov.19 about 5AM - Mason is transported by airmed from the UofU hospital over to Ptimary Children's
Nov.19 about noon Mason gets an echo and surgery is scheduled for Friday Nov. 20
Nov.20 8AM - Mason goes in for surgery
Nov.20 10:30 - Surgery is over and back to the PICU it is.
Nov.21 1PM - Mason is extubated and gets to breath on his own
Nov.21-22 night shift- Mason gets to eat! He eats about 20cc every 2 hours
Nov.22 1PM - Mason has graduated to the 3rd Floor, we are officially out of the PICU :) 6lbs 6oz
Nov.23 4AM - Mason needs some oxygen to keep his levels up
Nov.23 2PM - Mason goes for his second echo, repair looks good.
Nov.24 - Mason gets a higher calorie diet enfamil 24Kcal (from enfamil 20Kcal)
With all that said BABY MASON GETS TO COME HOME TOMORROW!!! Yeah!!! He will need to go home on oxygen, which seems a little weird to me since he was on room air for the first few days and then again after his surgery. Mason is truely a blessing to our family, I'm so so happy that he is such a fighter.To all the other heart parents, you are oh so strong! The more blogs I read, the more stories I hear I am so greatful for my son's condition, for his swift recovery and for him to be coming home so quickly! I do not know how other heart parents are so strong and spend day in and day out in the hospital. I believe that the lord will only give me as much as I can handle, however, I am not this strong! I appreciate the support of everyone around me and I apologize greatly for my recent nerves. Most of all to Ben who I have taken all the stress out on, I appreciate all that you have done and you are doing a wonderful job taking care of our daughter! Thank you so much!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Chelsey and Ben! He is beautiful and you did survive and it will all be over tomorrow! I new that you could do it. I showed Andy and his parents the pictures and they also send thier congratulations on such a beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete