Nov 21, 2009
Mason's Surgery and first few days...
Mason had an echo around 10 hours old to finalize his diagnosis we received inutero. The findings were so so wonderful, his only anomaly that will require surgery is the Coarchtation of the Aorta. Mason has a few abnormalities to his heart however correcting the CoA should help his heart grow normally. This is such great news since the last appointment we were given a list of things that might need repair. He had surgery on November 20 at 8:15 AM The repair went really well and they were able to just go in under his arm, I am so thrilled! My son is so strong I can not believe how fast he is healing, He was extubated today around 1PM and his labs have all been great! The next step will be to take out the drain and get him to eat, which hopefully he will be able to eat tomorrow. I was able to hold him today, I was thrilled since I thought it would be a few days but my little guy is such a fighter! He doesn't even cry it's just a small wimper. I love him so much and can't wait to have him home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment