Nov 21, 2009
Mason Alexander Gene Edwards
Mason was born November 19, 2009 at 0253, he weighed 7 lbs 6 oz and is 19 inches long. Wednesday morning contractions started at about 0430 in the morning, I was in quite a lot of pain and Ben wanted to take me to the doctor before he went to work I told him that I would rather wait until my Ob appointment at 10. I waited it out while still in a good amount of pain I took Grace to my dad's and picked up my mom. Ben met me at Dr. Rose's office because he was rather worried about me and wanted to express that to Dr. Rose at the appointment Dr. Rose stripped my membranes and found that I was already dialated to a 4 and I was probably ready to get to the hospital. Ben and I decided to go home, spend some time with Grace and get some food prior to go in. We went to the mall and ate something and took a power walk around the mall by this time I was feeling quite a bit of pain and we decided we better drop off the baby and get to the U. When we arrived at the U of U hospital around 330pm I was checked in and dialated only to a 5 I decided to labor a while longer with out the epidural so that I could move around. I started asking for my epidural around 6 and it was started at about 8 which is when all the fun started. While getting my epidural I was pretty nervous he numbed the area and got the epi in when I felt a really weird pain in my back I lied down on the try in Ben's arms and just felt as if I was going to pass out which went to just totally limp, immediately I got super super hot and my blood pressure dropped way low, I was then given ephedrin to jump start my pressure and was given 4cc rather than 2cc and the roller coaster continued my blood pressure went way way up. I was terrified Ben was shoved aside and nurse after nurse came running finally my savior nurse Courtney came to the bedside with Ben on the other side and both just kept telling me I wa okay and I finally started to breath somewhat normal. The rest of the labor I had to wear oxygen and was still not feeling normal. I started pushing around 2am, I wasn't really getting anywhere and was told I wasn't pushing effectively. I could hear Mason's heart beating on the monitor and the more I pushed the less I heard finally I could not hear the heart beat and thought the worse, I pushed with all I had and a beautiful baby boy was born at 253am he was immediately taken through the window to the NICU. I did not even hear him cry and started crying thinking that he was not with us, my mom looked through the window and assured me that he was crying. At about 10 minutes old I was shown a few pictures of my son. He need to be transported to Primary Children's and they prepped him for that, the Airmed team took him over around 5am before the walk I was able to see him and decided his name was Mason. Ben took me to see him at Primary Children's around 6am he is such a beautiful baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment