Sep 1, 2009

The road to a diagnosis

At our 20 week ultrasound Dr. Hutchison (My OBGYN) noticed a slight abnormality of baby's heart, although not sure he ordered another ultrasound wondering if it may have been the baby's position or just a bad picture. So another ultrasound was ordered, around 25 weeks the ultrasound tech continued to have a hard time getting a good picture of baby's heart at this point I was told that the heart looked abnormal and possibly one chamber was smaller than the rest, I was then referred to Dr. Rose (Perinatologist) at IMC in Murray. At this appointment Dr. Rose explained that there is a problem with the heart they are still unsure of what is wrong and we were told I needed to go to Primary Children's to have and echo cardiogram to get a diagnosis. The next available appointment was 2 weeks later, the 2 weeks have gone by so slow and the wonder and concern for our child has grown and grown. Tomorrow is the day and with so much anticipation I can not wait to finally have somewhat of an answer.

1 comment:

  1. My Dearest Daughter, I love you so much, you are so strong and intelligent you will make it through all this, we all will. It is going to be tough but we are all strong and so is that little one inside of you. He has been chosen to have 2 of the most wonderful parent's anyone could ask for and I truly believe in my heart in the end it will all be positive and you will have two beautiful happy healthy children. I want to be here for you when ever possable to help you or just be a shoulder to lean on!! You are all in my prayers, we are all here for you!! Love you so much...Mama

    ReplyDelete