Sep 17, 2009
Another Day Another Appointment
Yesterday we had another ultrasound and met with Dr. Rose she really is awesome! Doesn't our baby boy have the cutest little profile? (okay maybe I'm biased) I again asked about an amnio and I am starting to think it's a good idea, the way I asked was "if I was your daughter would you recommend that I get an amnio?" and her answer was "yes". That summed it up for me I know it is optional, I know that I don't have to do it but, the risks are smaller than the benefits. I want to know all I can, also it could change the plan for delivery if there is something that is considered terminal they would just allow me to hold him until he was gone rather than wisk him away and connect the many, many tubes, to me this is so much more peaceful and it is what I would want in that situation. I pray everyday that is not the case but I still keep in mind this might happen. Other than that everything else is mostly the same the heart still looks abnormal (this is all they can see with out the echo, which we have another scheduled on October 7), the amniotic fluid is still on the high side of normal, he is measuring 31 weeks 5 days, I am only 29 weeks 2 days, and everything else appears to be normal. We are praying this is an isolated defect rather than a hint of an underlying condition. Dr. Rose has been so kind to take over my prenatal care, I now no longer need to go to my original OB since he would not be the one to deliver me I figure that it is one less appointment that I have to get a babysitter and make it to :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You are not biased...he does have the cutest profile!
ReplyDeleteI had two amnios with my little girl (one didn't grow) and I am glad I had them. She does have a rare chromosomal abnormality that they found with a micro-array, but we also found that my husband had the same thing...so no big deal. It made the pregnancy a little easier knowing that was one less problem to worry about.
I also know all about the MANY appointments and trying to figure out babysitting. Now that Hope is born we have all been spending time at the hospital as a family.
Take care of yourself and your family!