Now that that is out...on to better things! I am starting to read Total Money Make over by Dave Ramsey. We don't have a ton of debt, we are just aren't great at saving money and I am trying to achieve NO debt whatsoever. Obviously a house is a debt that we will have to carry for a long time but other than that our goal in nothing NO DEBT! We were near this and then were told to qualify for a home we need to kick it into high gear and up our limits on many cards and get a loan to higher our score. So we've done that and are in the ballpark to buy a home (just waiting until our lease is up). But we can't afford the home we want if we have so many payments. My goal is to get it all paid off by September (which with Dave Ramsey's plan shouldn't be a huge feat.) Anyway I will be posting monthly goals and how it is all going. Hopefully this will help me post more and I won't feel like the focus needs to be on Mason's heart just on our family. so her it goes :
May 2010 Goals
- Stick to the envelope system.
- Sale 4Runner, shell and any other large items found around the house that are no longer in use.
- Pay off Credit Cards (then not charge more than $100 on them- this must be done to keep credit score on this rise)
- When we think 'there is nothing in the house to eat' FIND SOMETHING
- Do not buy ANY toys!
- Finish reading Total Money Make Over
- Get to the gym at least 3 days per week
- Cancel Cable .... Maybe?
And now I'll try to somewhat update about the last few Months:
January: Ben started racing his motorcycle, it's pretty cool cause he actually gets a chance to ride now! We went to a race in Mesquite the last weekend in January, Ben finished and had a blast.
February: We celebrated the 3 month Milestone with Maso. Ben and I took our first mini vacation without the kids and went to a race in St. George. I was so glad that we didn't bring the kids because it was so cold! We hurried home to pick the kiddos up at the Fishers (Thanks again for watching them guys)Valentine's day was great Ben had to work so I thought it would just be another day but on the way to work Ben decided not to buy a pack of cigarettes and has never bought another one! I am so proud and it's such an amazing gift. The kids were sick but my mom came over and brought bubbles which was the ONLY thing that made Grace smile all day.
March: Mason's card appointment went okay I always feel like they give me very vague information. The lower portion of his Aorta is getting smaller (I believe this is called Aortic Stenosis) and may require another surgery. He's having a hard time swallowing and is not able to eat solids yet. They wanted us to go for a swallow study to see if there was any damage, I decided to wait a few months since it isn't affecting his growth and he is now swallowing much better so he will probably not be having this test done. We had a wonderful St. Patrick's day. My dad made corn beef and cabbage it was awesome. Gracie also got her first 4wheeler, can you say spoiled!? She's just learning to push the petal to make it go. It is so adorable! There were 2 races this month Knolls, which was freezing! my mom watched Mason and we took Grace It's a good thing we rode in the Van because that is where Grace and I stayed it was snowing and just much much to cold! The next race was in Jericho it was a little warmer I brought both kids and it was a TON of work by myself. Ben did great both races and he is totally LOVING being able to ride!
April: We missed the first race of the month because we went to Moab, it was such a great trip the first night we stayed in a KOA cabin but they didn't allow fires and to me that is what camping is all about so the next night we stayed at a hotel and it was so nice. We took the kiddos swimming Mason for his first time they had a blast! Ben is currently on his way home from a race in Delta I hope he had a great time!
Well, that's the gist of what has been going on here it is in pictures:

No comments:
Post a Comment