Jan 6, 2010

When both babies are sick...

Mason and Grace both have the flu, I feel so terrible for them both. Gracie she threw up during her nap yesterday, it was the first time she has actually had this happen and it scared her to death. She woke up screaming and I ran to her bedroom, the poor thing was shaking and crying so hard. I wasn't sure what to do since this was my first experience but I just took her in my arms and held her- for hours. The poor thing would not leave my side. My little Mason has been just screaming at night he will not take a pacifier or a bottle, he just lays there and screams, I can rock him, sing to him, anything and he just screams. Last night he was laying next to me and all the sudden he stops screaming and out comes the throw up! Poor thing has done it a few more times too. Luckily he likes the swing and has been content this morning.
Last night was probably the worst night since having Mason home, I didn't get to sleep until well after 2AM. When I finally got Mason to sleep Grace decided it was her turn and just kept screaming finally I got her to bed with a sippy of water and Harley sleeping in her bed with her. I'm not so sure that he was pleased but I needed some sleep. This morning when Ben left at 6AM Gracie was cuddled next to Harley, the door and a pile of throw up. I was so heartbroken I didn't wake up to help her! She took a shower this morning and has been good to go carrying her blankie through the house in her baby stroller.
I'm just praying that they both will get better soon we have a trip to Vegas planned this weekend and I really want to go! I know it's selfish!

1 comment:

  1. plus I am sure that cleaning up throwup is high on your to do list!

    ReplyDelete